An up-and-comer on the foil scene, the surf / sup kit is engineered to fly stable at low speeds. Equipped with a large wing area, this kit will keep you up even when the waves are down.
The Surf Kit
Foils are no longer just for kiters and windsurfers. Surfing has now adopted the efficiancy of the hydrofoil to make the most out of the smallest waves. With all the surface area of the board above the water, drag is greatly reduced to increase performance. The surf kit is designed to take advantage of this and perform similar to those already on the market.
Compaired to the standard kit, the surf foil lifts out of the water at unthinkable low speeds and can fly well into the medium speed range. Another immediate difference is the rock steady stability. The extended fuselage not only increases pitch (up and down) stability but also increases yaw (left and right) stability.
With most of my experience spent under a kite, I have yet to take the foil into any waves. Testing done behind a boat has revealed the slow speeds, awesome stability, and some pumping ability as well. The small waves produced by boat have proved to almost be enough to sustain flight! Dozens have been sent out to builders around the globe to test out. Much more to come from this foil in the future.
- Pencil markings clearly indicate exactly where each part needs to go. This will ensure that the wings and the mast are placed perfectly for good performance
- The kit is designed to be glassed as one solid piece. However modifications can be made to allow the wings to bolt on and off
- The kit is 100% customizable by you! If you wish to have the mast cut to a specific height please include your thoughts in your order description. A shorter mast around 28" can help the learning curve or fly in a shallow spot. Wing sets only and wing sets plus fuselage are great options for those looking to experiment. Contact for more info.
- Includes all five wooden parts for the foil and basic glassing instructions
- Large surface area wing to greatly increase the low end speed of the foil
- Longer fuselage to achieve greater stability at slower speeds
- Shorter mast to increase stability while also keeping the wings above the shallow beach bottom
- The same build process as the standard kit (full build process on YouTube)